Faster to your Duluth Water Damage Event
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Water damage are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Duluth arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. The longer you wait to mitigate, it may cost you more. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Timeline of Water Damage
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 770-622-9411
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at any commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Duluth
SERVPRO of Duluth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Home Fires Are Started by Grills Each Year
There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren’t considered. Your local SERVPRO of Duluth wants you to have an enjoyable and safe summer.
Here are some tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire.
- Children should never pick up fireworks that may be left over as they may still be active.
- The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals.
Whether your celebrating a birthday or the 4th of July, make sure to take all the safety precautions into mind when firing up a grill or playing with fireworks.
Emergency Ready Program
Disasters and emergencies always strike without warning. Preparation is an important key for making it through any size disasters. It is best to plan before any disasters strikes.
SERVPRO of Duluth offers a “free non-committal” emergency program called an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). It is a startup approach that provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By signing up with SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disasters. We are the leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage
- A no cost assessment of your facility. This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you an excellent value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Duluth as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time, so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
Vandalism Clean Up
Vandalism and graffiti on your property can be very frustrating and upsetting. It can range from relatively minor pranks to mischievous destruction of a property. If not addressed in a timely manner it may risk vandals of doing it again. Simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can often cause significant water and mold damage issues as well.
SERVPRO of Duluth will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from your properties. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, they can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. With our highly trained technicians, we can offer the following services:
- General cleaning and graffiti removal
- Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
- Odor removal and deodorization
- Debris removal
- Water damage restoration
- Fire damage restoration
- Mold damage restoration
- Contents cleaning
Reasons Why it is Vital to Hire a Fire Damage Servicing Professional
House on Fire
Fires can happen unexpectedly at any time. Some people are unprepared on what to do for the clean up after the fire occurs; which is why it is vital to hire fire damage servicing company to help get it done correctly.
There are four main reasons on why it is vital to hire a fire damage service professional.
- Unforeseen damages – With the unforeseen damages in the home, it is a possibility that it is no longer safe to live in.
- Smoke and soot. – Soot can cover a lot of things in the home and it is very difficult to remove. Smoke has a bad tendency to linger for years and many people don’t realize it’s there. There are many places that smoke can get into besides the obvious like the carpet and furniture. It can be in the walls or air ducts. This sometimes makes the air in the home unhealthy to breathe, especially for children and elderly.
- Right equipment – Many people may try to clean the damages themselves but don’t have the right equipment to do so. Hiring a cleanup service will allow the homeowners to save time and assurance that the home is well taken care of.
- Structural damage – There can be structural damage from fire or the water used to put out the fire. It can lead to big problems in the future if it is not taken care of immediately.
Don’t delay the cleanup process, the sooner the cleanup gets started, the less damage repair will need to be done. If you have any questions, feel free to contact SERVPRO of Duluth.
Be Prepared for a Severe Weather
Severe weather can happen anywhere and anytime. Deadly weather can cause more than 8 billion in property damage. Many businesses affected by the disasters never reopen which is why being prepared is critical.
Know Your Risk. You need to understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work. Your shelter plan should include all types of local hazards because severe weather comes in many forms.
Take Action. You need to create communications plan for your home or business. You will need to put together an emergency kit. Also, you must keep your important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Be an Example. Once you have taken the action to prepare for the severe weather, share your story to everyone you know. Your preparedness story may inspire others to do the same.
What should be in your Emergency Kit?
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle – so you can signal for help
- Dust mask or bandannas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents – copies of insurance policies, I.D and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (770) 622-9411
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Duluth basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (770) 858-5000
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Duluth and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (770) 858-5000
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
- Mold is found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It is part of the natural environment. It’s usually not a problem, unless it starts to grow indoors.
- The best way to control indoor mold is to control the moisture
- Molds produce and release millions of spores small enough to be air-, water-, or insect-borne.
- Common indoor molds are:
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Reduce indoor humidity to decrease mold by:
- Using de-humidifiers
- Use the air vent in the bathrooms
- Increasing ventilation
- Using the exhaust fans whenever cooking
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold as soon as possible.
- Clean and dry any damp materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Do not install carpeting in areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem such as basements, kitchen etc.
- The best way to find mold is to look for signs of mold growth, water staining, warping, or to follow your nose to the source of the odor.
Prepare for Natural Disasters
This year for National Preparedness Month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all type, and leading efforts to encourage the community to become more prepared. When a disaster happens, not only it devastates individuals and neighborhoods but the entire communities, including businesses of all sizes.
As an employer in your community, having a business continuity plan can help protect your company, its employees and its infrastructure and maximizes your chances of recover after an emergency or disaster. You can do this by taking three simple steps:
- Plan to stay in business
- Encourage your employees to become ready
- Protect your investment
We must work together as a team to ensure that our families, businesses, places of worship and neighborhoods are ready. At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to begin preparing their organization and addressing their unique emergency. You can also contact your local SERVPRO to find out more on how to ready when a disaster strikes. If you’re in the Norcross/Duluth area you can contact us 770-858-5000.