Commercial Damage? Call the experts at SERVPRO!
Do you have commercial damage? Call us at 770-622-9411.
List of reason Why to call the experts at SERVPRO when you have suffered a commercial loss.
- We're here to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week with water, fire, storm, and viral damages.
- We’ll inspect the damaged area. Our technicians promptly arrive onsite and inspect the property thoroughly to ensure all sources of damage have been identified.
- We’ll perform all the work. Because you have a business to operate, our expertly trained technicians will provide the highest level of services.
- We'll consult with your agent and adjuster after we've stabilized your environment and explain our recommendations for the restoration, mitigation, and cleaning process.
- We’ll be here throughout that process to ensure your property has been fully restored.
When was the last time you reviewed your homeowner’s insurance policy?
If you suffer damage to your home, call us at 770-622-9411.
When was the last time you reviewed your homeowner’s insurance policy? Life changes fast. And when it does, your property coverage probably needs to change, too. If you’re carrying too much coverage, that means you’re overpaying. If you’re carrying too little, then you’re taking on too much risk.
Do you need to call your insurance agent? Here’s how to find out if you’re properly covered:
- Did you purchase a new home?
- Did you remodel your home?
- Is your policy large enough to cover current rebuilding costs?
- Has it been more than 5 years since I have reviewed my homeowner’s policy?
- Are you covered for the actual cash value of your personal items, or do you have a replacement cost policy?
If you suffer damage to your home, call us at 770-622-9411.
Hurricane Season is here.
Need help? Call SERVPRO of Duluth at 770-622-9411.
There are different types of hurricane categories. It can’t predict everything about a storm, but categories do give an indication of how a hurricane will affect people and property in its path. Here are the different types of categories:
Category 1 hurricane: Winds range from 74 to 95 mph. It is very dangerous winds that will produce some damages. Such as falling debris that could strike people, livestock and pets, and older mobile homes. Protected glass windows will generally make it through the hurricane without major damage. Frame homes, apartments and shopping centers may experience some damage, and snapped power lines could result in short-term power outages.
Category 2 hurricane: Winds range between 96 and 110 mph. It is extremely dangerous winds that will cause extensive damage. There is a bigger risk of injury or death to people, livestock, and pets from flying debris. Older mobile homes will likely be destroyed. Frame homes, apartment buildings and shopping centers may see major roof and siding damage, and many trees will be uprooted. Residents should expect near total power loss after a Category 2 hurricane, with outages lasting anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Category 3 hurricane: Winds range from 111 to 129 mph. Devastating damages will occur in a category 3. There is a high risk of injury or death to people, livestock, and pets from flying and falling debris. Nearly all older mobile homes will be destroyed, and most new ones will experience significant damage. Even well-built frame homes, apartments and industrial buildings will likely experience major damage, and the storm will uproot many trees that may block roads. Electricity and water will likely be unavailable for several days to a few weeks after the storm.
Category 4 hurricane: Winds range from 130 to 156 mph. Catastrophic damages will occur during a Category 4. At these speeds, falling and flying debris poses a very high risk of injury or death to people, pets and livestock. Again, most mobile homes will be destroyed, even newer ones. Some frame homes may totally collapse, while well-built homes will likely see severe damage to their roofs, and apartment buildings can experience damage to upper floors. A Category 4 hurricane will blow out most windows on high-rise buildings, uproot most trees and will likely down many power lines. Power outages can last for weeks or even months after storms of this level. Water shortages are also common in the aftermath of Category 4 hurricanes, potentially making the affected area uninhabitable for weeks or months.
Category 5 hurricane: Winds are 157 mph or higher. Category 5 hurricanes cause absolute devastation. Most buildings in its path are damaged or destroyed; trees are blown over, signs are destroyed, and power lines are knocked over. A Category 5 hurricane is likely to uproot most trees and ruin most power poles. And like with Category 4 hurricanes, power outages will likely last for weeks to months. People should expect long-term water shortages.
Storm damage? Call SERVPRO of Duluth at 770-622-9411.
Emergency Ready Profile
Emergency Ready Profile App.
Disasters and emergencies always strike without warning. Preparation is an important key to making it through any size of disaster. It is best to plan before any disaster strikes.
SERVPRO of Duluth offers a “free non-committal” emergency program called an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). It is a startup approach that provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference for important buildings and contact information. By signing up with SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disasters. We are the leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage
- A no cost assessment of your facility. This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you an excellent value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Duluth as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time, so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it, and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
Call today for a FREE consultation.
Be Prepared for a Severe Weather!
SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
Flooding from heavy rain can result in damage by backing up sewer mains or water building up around your facility and having nowhere to go but inside. Lightning can even pose as a threat by causing a fire when you least expect it. Roof damages can be caused by many sources such as rain, hail, wind and fire. When dealing with roof damage, you can expect wet installation and drywall.
A team of SERVPRO professionals stand ready to assist; we give you access to IICRC-industry certified professionals, advanced equipment, and vast resources that make your restoration as stress-free as possible. Our entire Green Fleet is stocked and ready to deploy at a moment’s notice, we can address any situation you face and work hard to ensure a successful recovery. We have large commercial desiccant dehumidifiers designed for climate control in large facilities.
If you have any questions about Large Loss capabilities, contact SERVPRO of Duluth at 770-622-9411. We are open 24/7.
Mold Cleanup in Your Home!
Need Mold Remediation? Call to schedule inspection. (770) 622-9411.
Call SERVPRO of Duluth to Remediate Mold in Your Home or Business
If your home has experienced water damage with high humidity, mold and mildew can develop within just 24 to 48 hours of water exposure. It can get worse if it continues to grow and spread. Steps need to be taken to eliminate the source of the moisture, and the mold needs to properly cleaned by professionals such as SERVPRO of Duluth.
Before our technicians even get started, we ensure the area is well ventilated, and we wear protective gear including masks, gloves, and protective gear for the eyes. If mold is present, we clean a small test patch first. We make sure the entire area affected is disinfected after the cleanup is complete.
SERVPRO of Duluth is experienced and professionally trained to take care of your mold damage in a timely and thorough fashion. Mold cleanup cannot be done with bleach, so be sure to contact us at (770) 622-9411 for mold remediation.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
To get a quote or learn more about Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program give us a call at 770-622-9411.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned or CSC is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is a proactive viral pathogen cleaning. We’re offering this program to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
Tips for your smoke alarm!
SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
Daylight Savings Time works well for maintenance.
Smoke alarms must be installed and maintained properly because they play a vital role in saving lives. Having the smoke alarm can reduce the risk of fire injury in half. Along with having a smoke alarm, it is best you have a fire escape plan so everyone can escape quickly and safely.
Here are a few tips you need to know!
- Install smoke alarms inside and outside each bedroom and sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Test smoke alarms once a month.
- Clean Dust from sensor openings.
- Smoke alarms should be installed 10 feet away from cooking appliance to prevent false alarms.
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once year.
April Showers bring Spring Cleaning!
Springtime To Do List!
- Inspect your roof; it is your home’s first line of defense against water damage.
- Clean your gutters; it directs the rain away from your roof and home
- Clean or replace HVAC filters; a dirty filter forces your heat, ventilation, and AC system to work harder.
- Check the washing machine fill hose; sometimes a leaky hose under pressure can cause water damage in a short period of time.
- Clean your dryer vent; a clean vent will help reduce the time your dryer has to run, while a plugged vent not only wastes money but could cause a house fire.
- Replace the batteries on your smoke detectors; you never know when you will need them.
Why do basements flood?
There are many possibilities on why your basement could flood. From burst pipes, sudden downpours, a copious amount of melting snow, broken gutters, leaky windows, damaged foundation to sudden removal of large trees near your home. Water flows downhill into the lowest areas and it can make its way through even the smallest cracks and openings. It depends on the age of your home and the region in which you live, your foundation is most likely either poured concrete or stacked concrete blocks. Sometimes the foundation is coated or shielded with a water barrier material, designed to keep water out. Over time homes settle and shift, sometimes compromising the structural solidity of the foundation. Small fissures form and can be a source for water to pour in. Another source of water damage is through basement windows, crawlspace vents, and overly saturated soil surrounding the home.
Other contributions to basement flooding may be sudden changes to your home or the environment surrounding your home. For example, an earthquake can shift your home which can create cracks that were not there prior to the event. A foundation contractor will be able to assess specific issues. Plumbing can be another source of basement flooding. Water heaters, washing machines and other appliances are often located in the basement and frozen pipes or leaky pipes can lead to serious damage.
If your Duluth home is affected by major water damage, give us a call day or night! SERVPRO of Norcross is always "Here to Help"! (770) 622-9411