Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (770) 622-9411
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Duluth basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (770) 858-5000
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Duluth and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (770) 858-5000
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
- Mold is found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It is part of the natural environment. It’s usually not a problem, unless it starts to grow indoors.
- The best way to control indoor mold is to control the moisture
- Molds produce and release millions of spores small enough to be air-, water-, or insect-borne.
- Common indoor molds are:
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Reduce indoor humidity to decrease mold by:
- Using de-humidifiers
- Use the air vent in the bathrooms
- Increasing ventilation
- Using the exhaust fans whenever cooking
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold as soon as possible.
- Clean and dry any damp materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Do not install carpeting in areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem such as basements, kitchen etc.
- The best way to find mold is to look for signs of mold growth, water staining, warping, or to follow your nose to the source of the odor.
Prepare for Natural Disasters
This year for National Preparedness Month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all type, and leading efforts to encourage the community to become more prepared. When a disaster happens, not only it devastates individuals and neighborhoods but the entire communities, including businesses of all sizes.
As an employer in your community, having a business continuity plan can help protect your company, its employees and its infrastructure and maximizes your chances of recover after an emergency or disaster. You can do this by taking three simple steps:
- Plan to stay in business
- Encourage your employees to become ready
- Protect your investment
We must work together as a team to ensure that our families, businesses, places of worship and neighborhoods are ready. At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to begin preparing their organization and addressing their unique emergency. You can also contact your local SERVPRO to find out more on how to ready when a disaster strikes. If you’re in the Norcross/Duluth area you can contact us 770-858-5000.
Restoring Commercial Property After Water Damage
Let us help get you back to work! #waterrestoration
Flooding and water damage events at Gwinnett County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Norcross
SERVPRO of Norcross specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Put us on your To-do list today by calling (770) 622-9411
Commercial water damage presents double trouble to you as an owner and employer. Not only do you need to recover your premises, equipment, and inventory from the effects of leaks or flooding, you also have employees and customers who rely on you to keep your business running even while restoration efforts are in process. SERVPRO works closely with our commercial clients to avoid closure or a shut down even after a significant water crisis to your warehouse or other storage facility affects your business. We highly encourage business owners to consult with us before any warehouse water disaster. By developing an Emergency READY Profile, you can pinpoint all critical information about your operation into a plan. Once finished with that plan, the information can be shared with, and will be easily accessible to our local water damage restoration experts.
Preventing commercial water damage in your workplace may not be possible. For instance, if heavy storms or flooding affect your warehouse, some damage might be unpreventable, but that is where SERVPRO will help! A systematic review of your preparedness can limit the effects of inevitable leaking, moving, or standing water to your bottom line. Take advantage of our training and expertise by scheduling a thorough assessment of your warehouse and other operations. There is no charge for our review of your facilities, and we will use the information gathered to ready our team should the worst happen. You can identify your business’s key personnel, so we know who to consult when a commercial water damage disaster strikes even if you are not always available. Details such as warehouse layout and the location of utilities, important documents, and priority areas within your building clarify and order the restoration and mitigation tasks needed to be completed, ensuring our team of water damage restoration technicians are “Ready for whatever happens.” Our staff will take photos and scope out the dimensions of your warehouse to assist with our post water damage work.
Locally Owned and Ready for Any Job!
Although best case scenario you will never have to use your Emergency READY Profile, preparedness is key to ensure efficiency when the unexpected happens. So, give us a call today at (770) 858-5000! Don’t delay, let your local SERVPRO help you prepare today!
It Doesn't Take Long for Water to Damage Your Home or Business
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (770) 858-5000
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Norcross
SERVPRO of Norcross specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Flooding in the Peach State
Did you know that flooding is the most common natural disaster? Here in Georgia, we are no stranger to floods. The sky grows dark; the ominous clouds roll in. You see the wind tousle the branches in the trees. The lightning flashes, thunder rumbles, and the next thing you know you hear the rain hit the roof of the house. You listen to the rain get heavier and heavier. You watch the water accumulate across your property and then, what seems like a split second, the water in now intruding into your home. Take the measures to prevent additional damage to your home or office, then call SERVPRO of Norcross to properly take care of the damage that has already been done. We have a team of highly-trained professionals who have been helping our community recover from water damage from flooding! Let us help make it "Like it never even happened."
If your Norcross home or commercial building is affected by a flood, give us a call day or night! SERVPRO of Norcross is always "Here To Help"! (770) 858-5000
Collapsed Ceiling Damage
In the past few months alone, our area has been impacted by a lot of storms and heavy rain. While we do our best to be prepared for disaster, sometimes the extent of the damage is far worse than we could ever imagine. What would you do if one night you're sound asleep in your warm, cozy bed when suddenly, the ceiling collapses because it has become extremely saturated with water? That was the reality for this homeowner after a recent storm. An incident like this is absolutely devastating but SERVPRO of Norcross is here to see you through to the other side; SERVPRO is here to help!
No matter when disaster hits, SERVPRO of Norcross is here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every single day of the year. Rain or shine, big or small -- we are here to help make your loss "Like it never even happened." We have been serving our community for almost 15 years.
Smoke and Soot Clean-up
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Norcross will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (770) 858-5000
Smoke Alarm Tips
Smoke alarms must be installed and maintained properly because they play a vital role in saving lives. Having the smoke alarm can reduce the risk of fire injury in half. Along with having a smoke alarm, it is best you have a fire escape plan so everyone can escape quickly and safely.
Here are a few tips you need to know!
- Install smoke alarms inside and outside each bedroom and sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Smoke alarms should be installed 10 feet away from cooking appliance to prevent false alarms.
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once year
(Daylight Savings Time works well for maintenance.)
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Clean Dust from sensor openings.