Reasons Why it is Vital to use Fire Cleaning Professionals
Call the Fire Cleaning Professionals: (770) 622-9411.
Fires can happen unexpectedly at any time. Some people are unprepared on what to do for the clean up after the fire occurs, which is why it is vital to hire fire damage servicing company to help get it done correctly.
- There are four main reasons on why it is vital to hire a fire damage service professional.
- Unforeseen damages – With the unforeseen damages in the home, it is a possibility that it is no longer safe to live in.
- Smoke and soot. – Soot can cover a lot of things in the home and it is very difficult to remove. Smoke has a bad tendency to linger for years and many people don’t realize it’s there. There are many places that smoke can get into besides the obvious like the carpet and furniture. It can be in the walls or air ducts. This sometimes makes the air in the home unhealthy to breathe, especially for children and elderly.
- Right equipment – Many people may try to clean the damages themselves but don’t have the right equipment to do so. Hiring a cleanup service will allow the homeowners to save time and assurance that the home is well taken care of.
- Structural damage – There can be structural damage from fire or the water used to put out the fire. It can lead to big problems in the future if it is not taken care of immediately.
Don’t delay the cleanup process, the sooner the cleanup gets started, the less damage repair will need to be done. If you have any questions, feel free to contact SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
Faster to your Duluth Water Damage Event
Water Damage? Call 770-622-9411.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Duluth arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. The longer you wait to mitigate, it may cost you more. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Timeline of Water Damage
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Why SERVPRO of Duluth?
Call SERVPRO of Duluth 24/7 at (770) 622-9411.
SERVPRO is backed by over 53 years of residential and commercial restoration experience. SERVPRO Industries, Inc. is an IICRC-approved school to help ensure our training meets and exceeds accepted industry standards That means our customers get the right help from the start. Our customers are our top priority.
We have teams ready to help you 24/7. We know we are helping you on your worst day, so we will help you not only with the damage, but also in the documentation process for your insurance provider. We have earned the trust of the insurance industry by serving thousands of their policy holders and clients with respect and integrity. The more we restore, the less that needs to be replaced. This helps our clients save millions of dollars each year. That helps lower your insurance rates, too!
With SERVPRO the results will be “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of Duluth 24/7 at (770) 622-9411.
Are you ready for?
SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411. We are here to help.
There is no better time than the present to review your emergency plan. Emergencies can happen unexpectedly in communities just like ours, to people just like you. Tornado outbreaks, river floods, flash floods, historical earthquakes, and even water main breaks and power outages in U.S. cities affecting millions of people for days at a time.
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business, and community. Your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals want you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature's worst.
Now is the time to think about the basics, things you will need in advance of an emergency, how you will communicate, what supplies you will need to keep in your home, car, or office. Use the list provided here to build an emergency supply kit to ensure your family is equipped and ready for any disaster type. The more you know about what to do in an emergency, the more confident and secure you will feel in your abilities to manage through a disaster.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but now, you can plan for it. Contact your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals for more information and tools to help you be "Ready for whatever happens."
Preparation for Your Business!
SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411 so we can help your business better prepare.
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business, and community. Your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals want you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for the worst.
How quickly your company can get back to business after a natural disaster often depends on today's emergency planning. While each situation is different, your organization can be better prepared if you put an emergency procedure in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your employees, customers, the community, the local economy, and the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival. If you answered "NO" to any of the questions below, call SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411 so we can help your business better prepare.
- Be Informed. Do you know what kind of emergencies might affect your company? Do you know what you will do in an emergency?
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan. Do you know which staff, procedures, and equipment are necessary to keep operating? Do you have back-up plans for those operations? Do you know what you will do if your building or plant is not accessible? Do you know what you will do if a disaster impacts your suppliers? Are you ready for utility disruptions?
- Prepare your Emergency Plan. Do you have an evacuation and shelter-in-place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with employees before, during, and after an incident? Do you have copies of buildings and site maps with utilities and emergency routes marked? Are your employees trained for medical emergencies?
- Practice the Emergency Plan. Have you practiced your plan recently? Do you practice and coordinate with other businesses in your building or industrial complex? Have you reviewed your plans in the last 12 months?
- Review of Insurance Coverage. Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you're covered in a disaster?
- Secure Your Facility and Equipment. Have you secured all the ways people, products, and supplies get into your building? Have you conducted a room-by-room walk-through to determine what can be strapped down?
- Improve Cyber Security. Do you regularly install patches to your software? Have you installed a firewall on your computer? Do you regularly update your antivirus software?
- Promote Family and Individual Preparedness. Do you encourage employees to have a personal emergency supply kit and a family communication plan?
Vandalism Clean Up
Vandalism Damage? Call us 24/7 - 770-622-9411
Vandalism and graffiti on your property can be very frustrating and upsetting. It can range from relatively minor pranks to mischievous destruction of a property. If not addressed in a timely manner it may risk vandals of doing it again. Simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can often cause significant water and mold damage issues as well.
SERVPRO of Duluth will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from your properties. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, they can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. With our highly trained technicians, we can offer the following services:
- General cleaning and graffiti removal
- Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
- Odor removal and deodorization
- Debris removal
- Water damage restoration
- Fire damage restoration
- Mold damage restoration
- Contents cleaning
Until Help Arrives After Fire & Smoke Damage!
SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
Your safety is priority. Do NOT enter your home if it is not safe.
Below are some do's and don'ts of fire damage.
- Pursue to wash walls or any painted surfaces.
- Try to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to the fire, heat, or water as they may indeed be contaminated.
- Attempt to send any garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may lead to smoking odor setting into the garment.
- Try to turn on any ceiling fixtures if your ceiling is still wet.
- Limit your movement inside the home in order prevent soot into your upholstery & carpet.
- Make it a priority to always keep your hands clean.
- If your power is off, be sure to empty your fridge and freezer and leave the unit’s doors open to help eliminate potential odors.
- While you SHOULD change your HVAC filter, it is best to leave the system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of HVAC system.
In the unfortunate circumstance where you would need fire damage restoration, we here at SERVPRO of Duluth are here to help.
Performing our BEST for you!
If customer service is important to you then call SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
Our mitigation services:
- We will check for the source of moisture in your building. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying of the building can be successful.
- We will identify the category and classification of water damage to ensure we restore your property based on industry guidelines. The level of contamination of water will affect the specific restoration process we use.
- We inspect and test the damaged area to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration.
- We move furniture and property contents and block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- We remove as much excess water as possible from affected areas.
- We check whether the carpet pad should be removed to save or protect the subfloor.
- Our process may utilize deodorizers as odor treatments or EPA registered disinfectants as antimicrobial treatments.
- We examine carpet for damages and remove damaged carpet with guidance from you and your adjuster.
- We monitor the temperature and humidity levels to make sure conditions are conducive for drying.
- Drying equipment removes moisture and brings the relative humidity level back to normal. We monitor moisture in wet materials until the materials return to acceptable drying goals.
Mold Can Enter Your Home!
Excess water and flooding can lead to mold damage both inside and outside of your home.
In Georgia, homes are made of some of the best building materials in the country, but mold damage can still happen. Mold can occur everywhere, and this means mold damage can happen inside and outside of your home. It can be in areas that you might not have considered.
Decorative brick on the exterior areas of your home, including those in walkways and patios, can become infused with mold. Care must be taken to clean these areas well so that mold spores are not spread. Even though they are located outside, it is important to contain as much of the mold and spores as possible.
It is very important that this is cleaned up outside as mold is easily carried indoors by both people and pets. Once inside, mold can find itself deposited into pet beds and tucked away under beds and inside closets. All these locations are perfect breeding grounds for mold.
SERVPRO of Duluth can help you rid your home of mold and the damage it can create. When mold becomes a problem, the only real choice is to re-mediate and protect your home. Call us, SERVPRO of Duluth at 770-622-9411, any day and at any hour if you have found mold damage in your home.
Principles of Cleaning Smoke-Damaged Materials!
If you are dealing with fire damage in your property, call SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
SERVPRO of Duluth Principles of Cleaning
When restoring smoke-damaged materials, the goal is to restore materials to preloss condition. SERVPRO of Duluth apply the following basic principles of cleaning to accomplish this task.
- Locate smoke residues by carefully inspecting the affected area. The inspection will start near the source of the fire and trace how far smoke moved through the structure.
- Identify the type of residues. Different types of smoke residues can exist in the same loss environment. SERVPRO of Duluth will select a cleaning method that will effectively remove the type of smoke residues present.
- Identify the type of surface. The type of surface determines which cleaning methods and products are safe to use on that surface. SERVPRO of Duluth are careful to preserve the material or surface being cleaned, and some materials may be un-restorable because they cannot withstand the cleaning process.
- Capture and remove residues. Smoke residues bond with surfaces they contact. SERVPRO of Duluth uses dry and wet cleaning processes to release and carry residue particles away from the affected surface.
Dispose of residues. SERVPRO of Duluth properly disposes of debris and cleaning waste.