Recent Water Damage Posts
What To Expect: Emergency Service
EMERGENCY? Call us 24/7 (770) 622-9411.
Sometimes when a water damage happens it can be in the middle of the night. Which can be confusing and very alarming. But SERVPRO is here for you no matter the time.
When you call into our office whatever the time may be, you should be prepared to answer some questions.
- Your address where the damage has occurred.
- Your name and contact info (also email if possible).
- Your insurance information (if you plan to file a claim).
- When did the damage happen?
- Do you know what caused the damage?
- Is there power at the location?
With SERVPRO's fast response time we need as much information as possible. So, if you have a water damage at 2AM give your local SERVPRO a call and let us help you get back to "Like it never even happened."
CALL US 24/7!
Faster to your Duluth Water Damage Event
Water Damage? Call 770-622-9411.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Duluth arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. The longer you wait to mitigate, it may cost you more. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Timeline of Water Damage
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Performing our BEST for you!
If customer service is important to you then call SERVPRO of Duluth (770) 622-9411.
Our mitigation services:
- We will check for the source of moisture in your building. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying of the building can be successful.
- We will identify the category and classification of water damage to ensure we restore your property based on industry guidelines. The level of contamination of water will affect the specific restoration process we use.
- We inspect and test the damaged area to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration.
- We move furniture and property contents and block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- We remove as much excess water as possible from affected areas.
- We check whether the carpet pad should be removed to save or protect the subfloor.
- Our process may utilize deodorizers as odor treatments or EPA registered disinfectants as antimicrobial treatments.
- We examine carpet for damages and remove damaged carpet with guidance from you and your adjuster.
- We monitor the temperature and humidity levels to make sure conditions are conducive for drying.
- Drying equipment removes moisture and brings the relative humidity level back to normal. We monitor moisture in wet materials until the materials return to acceptable drying goals.
Winter is coming! Are you ready?
Call Us. We are here to help – (770) 622-9411.
Are you prepared for the coming cold weather? Cold weather can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not ready for it. From heavy rain and freezing temperatures to damaging winds, sleet, or snow, all can cause serious and costly property damage.
While you cannot control the weather, you can take steps to be prepared to help prevent costly damages due to weather.
Consider taking the following precautions to protect your home or business.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
It Doesn't Take Long for Water to Damage Your Home or Business!
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 770-622-9411.
Water Damage Timeline
Within Minutes water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
In hours 1 - 24 the drywall begins to swell and break down and a strong odor will appear.
In 48 Hours to 1 Week mold and mildew may grow and spreads.
More Than 1 Week, restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
About SERVPRO of Duluth
SERVPRO of Duluth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Is it wet?
Just because you can't see water doesn't mean it's not wet!
While inspecting the damage, our technicians are trained to check surfaces surrounding the immediate location.
We have extensive water damage restoration training with an emphasis on monitoring and documenting the drying process until completion.
We are dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
If you have water damage, call (770) 622-9411 and let our team of specialists inspect and protect your home or business.
Flooding in the Peach State!
Flooded? We’re Ready To Help (770) 622-9411.
Did you know that flooding is the most common natural disaster? Here in Georgia, we are no stranger to floods. The sky grows dark; the ominous clouds roll in. You see the wind tousle the branches in the trees. The lightning flashes, thunder rumbles, and the next thing you know you hear the rain hit the roof of the house. You listen to the rain get heavier and heavier. You watch the water accumulate across your property and then, what seems like a split second, the water in now intruding into your home. Take the measures to prevent additional damage to your home or office, then call SERVPRO of Duluth to properly take care of the damage that has already been done. We have a team of highly trained professionals who have been helping our community recover from water damage from flooding! Let us help make it "Like it never even happened."
If your Duluth home or commercial building is affected by a flood, give us a call day or night! SERVPRO of Duluth is always "Here to Help"! (770) 622-9411
When Storms or Floods hit Duluth, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Duluth.
SERVPRO of Duluth specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and equipped to use all drying equipment. We use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond faster with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. We are open 24/7.
When storms hit Duluth, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Questions? Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Duluth. – (770) 622-9411