Smoke Alarm Tips
Smoke alarms must be installed and maintained properly because they play a vital role in saving lives. Having the smoke alarm can reduce the risk of fire injury in half. Along with having a smoke alarm, it is best you have a fire escape plan so everyone can escape quickly and safely.
Here are a few tips you need to know!
- Install smoke alarms inside and outside each bedroom and sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Smoke alarms should be installed 10 feet away from cooking appliance to prevent false alarms.
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once year
(Daylight Savings Time works well for maintenance.)
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Clean Dust from sensor openings.