If you are looking for an MOLD inspection, call us at 770-622-9411.
When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur—particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. It is impossible to eliminate all molds and mold spores in an indoor environment. However, mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling the moisture.
Many types of molds exist. All molds have the potential to cause serious health effects. Others are known to produce potent toxins and/or irritants. Potential health concerns are an important reason to prevent mold growth and to remediate and clean any existing mold growth indoors. The purpose of mold remediation is to remove the mold to prevent human exposure and damage to building materials and furnishings. It is necessary to clean up mold contamination, not just kill it. Dead mold is still allergenic, and some dead molds are still potentially toxic! Applying the appropriate restoration procedures within the first few hours of a water loss can save thousands of dollars in secondary damage. Before the growth of mold becomes visible, there will be a faint musty or earthy smell. In time, mold will appear on the outside of the wall as a stain or discoloration.
In a standard situation, SERVPRO of Duluth Professionals examine the structure for any visible signs of mold and remove the mold growth and excess spores returning the area back to normal levels.
When Storms or Floods hit Duluth, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Duluth.
SERVPRO of Duluth specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and equipped to use all drying equipment. We use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond faster with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. We are open 24/7.
When storms hit Duluth, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (770) 622-9411
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
If you property is flooded or has water damage, call us 24/7 at 770-622-9411.
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and quick responses. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly as possible to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Duluth is open 24/7 to respond to your emergency needs. Call us at 770-622-9411
Fire Safety Tips
If you have Fire Damage, call us 24/7 at 770-622-9411.
Did you know that if a fire starts in your home you may have as little as two minutes to escape? During a fire, early warning from a working smoke alarm plus a fire escape plan that has been practiced regularly can save lives. Here are some top tips for Fire Safety:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP. It may be hard, but never go back inside for anything or anyone. It's a higher risk that you may get hurt or get stuck in the fire as well.
What to do During a Thunderstorm
Storm Damage? Call 770-622-9411
Here are some tips on what to do before, during and after a thunderstorm when it comes to lightning protection.
Before a Thunderstorm
Limit electric contact in and around your home by:
- Remove dead tree branches near your house which could ignite and cause a fire if struck by lightning.
- Unplug all appliances before the storm hits to prevent power surges.
- Close all blinds and shades.
During a Thunderstorm
Once a storm has started, there are additional safety measures to take.
- Stay away from windows.
- Avoid phone use - telephone lines can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from faucets, sinks and bathtubs.
- Stay away from water, if you're stuck outside. Get inside or in a car.
- Keep the windows shut, if you're in a car. Pull to the side of the road to wait until the heavy rain subsides. Keep away from trees that could fall on your car.
- Find a place outside that is unlikely to flood, if you can't find shelter. Avoid tall structures such as towers, trees, fences, telephone lines and power lines.
After the a thunderstorm
Lightning can strike your home or other areas of your property. If you have storm damaged, call SERVPRO of Duluth at 770-622-9411.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
To get a quote or learn more about Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program give us at call at 770-622-9411.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned or CSC is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is a proactive viral pathogen cleaning. We’re offering this program to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at any commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Duluth
SERVPRO of Duluth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Faster to your Duluth Water Damage Event
Water Damage? Call 770-622-9411
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Duluth arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. The longer you wait to mitigate, it may cost you more. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Timeline of Water Damage
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 770-622-9411
Heavy Storms Can Damage Your Home Unexpectedly
Storm Damage? Call 770-622-9411
Flooding from heavy rain can result in damage by backing up sewer mains or water building up around your facility and having nowhere to go but inside. Lightning can even pose as a threat by causing a fire when you least expect it. Roof damages can be caused by many sources such as rain, hail, wind and fire. When dealing with roof damage, you can expect wet installation and drywall.
A team of SERVPRO professionals stand ready to assist; we give you access to IICRC-industry certified professionals, advanced equipment, and vast resources that make your restoration as stress-free as possible. Our entire Green Fleet is stocked and ready to deploy at a moment’s notice, we can address any situation you face and work hard to ensure a successful recovery. We have large commercial desiccant dehumidifiers designed for climate control in large facilities.
If you have any questions about Large Loss capabilities, contact SERVPRO of Duluth at 770-622-9411. We are open 24/7.
Emergency Ready Profile
Emergency Ready Profile App
Disasters and emergencies always strike without warning. Preparation is an important key for making it through any size disasters. It is best to plan before any disasters strikes.
SERVPRO of Duluth offers a “free non-committal” emergency program called an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). It is a startup approach that provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By signing up with SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disasters. We are the leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage
- A no cost assessment of your facility. This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you an excellent value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Duluth as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time, so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”